The G360 Institute is currently searching for a Research Assistant II (Digital Coordinator).
The Groundwater Project (‘GW-Project’), is a non-profit organization based within and administratively supported by the G360 Institute for Groundwater Research at the University of Guelph. The GW-Project, registered in Canada, is committed to providing accessible, engaging, high-quality, educational materials, free-of-charge online in many languages, to all who want to learn about groundwater, and how groundwater relates to and sustains ecological systems and humanity. The project is managed by an 11-member international Steering Committee and one Project Coordinator. The GW-Project operates through their website http://gw-project.org/, and anyone registered, at no cost, at this website may download all our groundwater publications and related materials.
Reporting to the Groundwater Project’s Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting authors with figure preparation to synthesize complex scientific principles into easy to understand graphics
- Investigating existing online learning platforms such as the Khan academy to develop a comprehensive strategy for the preparation of online videos and learning modules centered around the books published on the Groundwater Project website.
- Preparing videos that support the Groundwater Project’s goal of producing engaging, high quality learning modules that present the state of the science.
- Researching and developing an effective marketing strategy for crowd funding applications such as Kick Starter and Go Fund Me.
- Producing videos that are of high quality to support crowd funding campaigns including corporate interviews.
- Producing animations to explain complex scientific principles
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Powerpoint and Video Editing Software is considered an asset.
To learn more about this position and apply online, visit the University of Guelph listing here.