We are hiring!
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic STEM graduate with a keen passion for data organization and academia who possesses strong communication (writing and editing) skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and delights in tracking and reporting on research productivity and organizing and helping with knowledge and technology transfer. This posting is for a two-year full-time contract position WITH BENEFITS, renewable at the end of the contract.
Apply here before April 12!
The G360 Institute is currently searching for a Research Assistant II (Digital Coordinator).
The Groundwater Project (‘GW-Project’), is a non-profit organization based within and administratively supported by the G360 Institute for Groundwater Research at the University of Guelph. The GW-Project, registered in Canada, is committed to providing accessible, engaging, high-quality, educational materials, free-of-charge online in many languages, to all who want to learn about groundwater, and how groundwater relates to and sustains ecological systems and humanity. The project is managed by an 11-member international Steering Committee and one Project Coordinator. The GW-Project operates through their website http://gw-project.org/, and anyone registered, at no cost, at this website may download all our groundwater publications and related materials.
Reporting to the Groundwater Project’s Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting authors with figure preparation to synthesize complex scientific principles into easy to understand graphics
- Investigating existing online learning platforms such as the Khan academy to develop a comprehensive strategy for the preparation of online videos and learning modules centered around the books published on the Groundwater Project website.
- Preparing videos that support the Groundwater Project’s goal of producing engaging, high quality learning modules that present the state of the science.
- Researching and developing an effective marketing strategy for crowd funding applications such as Kick Starter and Go Fund Me.
- Producing videos that are of high quality to support crowd funding campaigns including corporate interviews.
- Producing animations to explain complex scientific principles
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Powerpoint and Video Editing Software is considered an asset.
To learn more about this position and apply online, visit the University of Guelph listing here.
G360 is seeking an energetic and innovative individual with strong mechanical skills to join our team as a G³⁶⁰ Equipment Technologist.
Reporting to the Director and Chief Operating Officer of G360, the G360 Equipment Technologist will play a key role in the management of existing specialty research equipment, but also in the creation of new and/or improved above and below ground research equipment and the mentoring and training of students on the use of this equipment.
Learn more about this position and apply here today!
G360 is seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and organizational skills to join our team as Manager, Finance, Grants & Contracts.
Reporting to the Director and Chief Operating Officer of G360, the Manager Finance, Grants & Contracts will play a key role in the efficient, effective and accountable financial control and reporting of a portfolio of grant and contract-funded research programs valued at $3-5M annually with more than 50 active accounts, each with individual budgets of upwards of $1M annually.
Apply here today!
G360 is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual with strong task management and organizational skills to join our team as a Lab Technician. Reporting to the Lab Manager, the Lab Technician is responsible for the implementation of laboratory techniques for analyses of chemicals related to the scientific research conducted by the G360 Institute. The incumbent will be involved in laboratory data management. Support related to sample preparation (crushing, weighing, etc.) may be required. While this position is primarily an in-laboratory position, occasional fieldwork and travel may also be required.
Apply here today!