Looking for a great place to work? Morwick G360 has two positions open right now! You can find application instructions and full details about the positions at the links below. Apply now!
- Groundwater Research Data Administrator: This role is ideal for graduates with a degree in science or engineering who have experience working with groundwater or other environmental datasets from field sites and laboratories. This position is an excellent opportunity to advance your skills in several widely used data management, processing, and visualization software tools and technologies that are highly relevant to industry, academia, and the public sector. Learn more about the position and how you can apply here. Application Deadline is August 11, 2021.
- Junior Digital Education Coordinator: In this role, you will support the Groundwater Project, a non-profit organization based within and administratively supported by Morwick G360 at the University of Guelph. The project is committed to providing accessible, engaging, high-quality, educational materials, free-of-charge online in many languages, to all who want to learn about groundwater, and how groundwater relates to and sustains ecological systems and humanity. To meet the requirements of the Federal Government Youth Employment Program which is providing funding for this job, the applicant must be 30 or under and either a Permanent Resident of Canada, a Canadian Citizen, or have refugee status. Learn more about the position and how you can apply here. Application Deadline is August 9, 2021.
Stantec Waterloo is hiring a new full-time employee! They are looking for a Junior Hydrogeologist.
Anyone interested can find the full job description and application instructions here.
GM BluePlan London Office is hiring a new full-time employee! They are looking for a Junior/Intermediate Environmental Engineer/Hydrogeologist.
Anyone who is interested can find the full job description and application instructions here.
We are hiring!
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic STEM graduate with a keen passion for data organization and academia who possesses strong communication (writing and editing) skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and delights in tracking and reporting on research productivity and organizing and helping with knowledge and technology transfer. This posting is for a two-year full-time contract position WITH BENEFITS, renewable at the end of the contract.
Apply here before April 12!
The G360 Institute is currently searching for a Research Assistant II (Digital Coordinator).
The Groundwater Project (‘GW-Project’), is a non-profit organization based within and administratively supported by the G360 Institute for Groundwater Research at the University of Guelph. The GW-Project, registered in Canada, is committed to providing accessible, engaging, high-quality, educational materials, free-of-charge online in many languages, to all who want to learn about groundwater, and how groundwater relates to and sustains ecological systems and humanity. The project is managed by an 11-member international Steering Committee and one Project Coordinator. The GW-Project operates through their website http://gw-project.org/, and anyone registered, at no cost, at this website may download all our groundwater publications and related materials.
Reporting to the Groundwater Project’s Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting authors with figure preparation to synthesize complex scientific principles into easy to understand graphics
- Investigating existing online learning platforms such as the Khan academy to develop a comprehensive strategy for the preparation of online videos and learning modules centered around the books published on the Groundwater Project website.
- Preparing videos that support the Groundwater Project’s goal of producing engaging, high quality learning modules that present the state of the science.
- Researching and developing an effective marketing strategy for crowd funding applications such as Kick Starter and Go Fund Me.
- Producing videos that are of high quality to support crowd funding campaigns including corporate interviews.
- Producing animations to explain complex scientific principles
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Powerpoint and Video Editing Software is considered an asset.
To learn more about this position and apply online, visit the University of Guelph listing here.